Saint Paul’s Church is a parish made up of faithful Christians living in the greater Melbourne area dedicated to worshiping God in the Anglican tradition.
As Anglicans, we worship God in the “beauty of holiness” (Psalm 96:9), and fervently preach the timeless gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ for the salvation of all mankind. We are a warm and welcoming congregation that invites all to “come and see” how Jesus Christ can change your life (St. John 1:39).
What is an Anglican?
Anglicanism is simply the expression of the one, true, Biblical, and apostolic faith in English. All English speaking Christians everywhere have some connection to the English (or ‘Anglican’) Church. Anglicans believe, teach, and practice only those things which have been held in common by the whole Church since its earliest days concerning God, Jesus Christ, the Bible, humanity, faith, and morality.
Just as Saint Paul and the early Christian evangelists traveled to Corinth, Philippi, and Thessalonica, men and women of faith brought Christianity to the British Isles in the A.D. 50s. These saints were the beginning of the “Anglican” (Latin for “English”) Church.
As Anglicans we unswervingly hold to:
1. The Holy Trinity: One God in three Persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit
2. The Holy Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments to be the word of God written (which “contains all things necessary to salvation”)
3. The Creeds and Councils of the undivided Church
4. The teaching and practice of the bishops and doctors of the early church
5. The beautiful and historic Book of Common Prayer for divine worship
Come and experience the ancient and unchanging Faith of Christianity at Saint Paul’s Church, and find Christ for all of life.
Saint Paul’s Church is part of the Anglican Province of America.